Sunday, August 12, 2007

Customer designed Pendant


Recently a friend from where we used to live came and stayed with her son. I showed her my lampwork and she fell in love with this particular focal bead. The picture doesn't show it in great detail, it was just a snapshot as she was trying to duck away from the camera but I wanted to get some sort of pic, no matter how poor. After she picked the bead, I pulled out all my beading stuff and what was going to be a plain simple bead pendant turned into this, with all sorts of Swarovski crystals. She likes things plain but subcombed to the crystals dazzle. She was very specific about how she wanted it all to look so I did exactly what she wanted, even taking it apart and rehanging it a few times and she loved it in the end. I personally would have liked to do a few things different but it was totally her thing, and I wanted her to want to wear it so I let her go. The bead itself was based on the ocean's gorgeous tropical green colour at Weir's Beach in Metchosin, where we spent a gorgeous afternoon together a week before she visited me so I was happy she chose that one. She had no idea of the inspiration for the bead before she chose it either. I'll share some more lampwork soon, I'm making some special beads for a special blogger that I'm looking forward to sharing too, but not till she gets them first so it doesn't ruin her surprise. Right now though, I'm going to run and get ready to go shopping. I bought hubby a camera bag for his trip to Florida this week, and it's not quite right so we are off to exchange it and have a fun day in Victoria while we are at it. Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments: