Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The View from my torch

This is the view from behind my torch. These guys make me smile and stir creative inspiration while I sit out in the garage melting glass. I painted my walls and ceiling a few weeks ago to help inspiration. After all, bare plywood and cement really do suck all the creativity out of your hide!

I ended up painting my hair a couple times when I bumped my head on the beams but what the heck, I have pink hair now, I had blue hair after bumping... it's all good!




This is my work area. I need to put more inspiration and decor in there but at least it's better than it was. What you see there is my working pile of glass. In the drawer of the desk is my stash which works okay for storage but I end up having to empty out a section each time I am looking for a specific colour since they are all just in colour groups. I bought some old apple crates at auction a couple months ago that I am going to anchor some pvc pipe in and stack them on their sides so I can sort it a bit better and actually see how much of what colour I actually have left. I went to use a certain colour tonight only to find out I had none of it, but when I was at the glass shop a week ago I was sure I had that colour so didn't get any. Being able to know at a glance if I have something would be much easier on my hands too. Have to watch those ends, even though they aren't jagged, you do have to pick up the glass gingerly when it's just dumped in a drawer.


Now these guys. These guys are fun! This is Mr. Gosh, Lenore, Ragamuffin and Pooty. These guys are from the imagination of Roman Dirge. Lenore is the main character of this group. Shhh, she's not really aware of it, but she's dead and yet she's still cute. Yup, she's the cute little dead girl. Lenore is comic book hero of a different kind, well, hero isn't really right but she is a character and that you can't deny. ;) She now has been animated and what a treat that is!
I also have his book 'Something At The Window Is Scratching: Children's tales for disurbed children' which is full of fun drawings and darkly silly stories. Nor for everyone (my MIL wouldn't even look at the book) but I certainly enjoy it! Here's his blog if you want to keep up to date with all things Dirge.
Stay tuned, tomorrow I will share the beads I created today (they are in the kiln annealing right now). I think I made the most beautiful bead I've ever created tonight, we'll see if I think the same in the morn!




No comments: