Friday, February 16, 2007

Coulda been an Art Day

Well, today was going to be an Art day but so far I haven't gotten enough chores done to give myself permission to do my other work. I'm not sure why I feel I have to accomplish a certain amount of housework before I can create when Art is equally important to our house as vacuumed stairs. Art not only makes for a happier Alpha Female but it adds to the income of our home which makes for a happier Papa Bear! When he bid me adieu to me this morning I told him I was going to have an Art day and he was happy about it but still I struggle to allow myself the time before the house is spic and span. What's with that? I know he would have no qualms about it if the role was reversed. He'd leave the chores for the fun in a heartbeat, so why do I feel so different? Whatever the reason, I sure wish I could get over it!

Tonight will be fun. We are going out to one of my favorite local places and having appies and bevvies with people from my hubby's business group. One of the ladies is interested in carrying my lampwork glass jewelry in her day spa. I just need to allow myself the time now that the weather is warmer. Glass rods are too shocky in the cold of winter since I work in the garage and when I do brave the hot flying glass, I get a chill I can't shake so for the 2nd year, I all but stop melting glass in the winter. That will hopefully be soon remedied... just in time for nie warm spring.. Anyway, back to what I was saying, I'm looking forward to going out. Nights out are few and far between plus there are some people I really enjoy in this group. I usually get some nice stimulating conversation and lots of laughs. Should be fun.

Well the chores are still calling me, so no more fun here... off to fold!

No comments: