Sunday, November 9, 2008

Winding up to Jump off the fear factory.

It's been a hard 2 months creative wise for me. For the first time since the beginning of motherhood all my children are in school and up until 2 weeks ago no one really needed me during the day. The idea was that I would pursue my Art career full time once the kids were in full days of school but the adjustment for myself took longer than I expected. Now though, I'm ready! I'm so pumped and excited and full of energy towards it, I can't wait to get started but I still have that annoying little string holding me back.



What I want to know is who'd holding the string, what's it attached to and why is it tied to me?



Of course I know the answers.



It's me. All me.



Why do we tie these strings around us. Why do we tie the strings of doubt, fear and allowance to create to ourselves. I know it's all me. I know cause my husband is impatient for me to start creating, my kids love me creating and my friends encourage me to create. The doubt and the fear and the allowing ourselves are such strong factors in the risk of creation though. And I think to fully live the creative life you have to tackle those demons and only the creative soul actually knows how enormous those demons can become.

No comments: